Sec. 4--Fig. 33-B (New-1-1976) (Concluded)
ROTATING CRANES, MAXIMUM WEIGHT, 125,000 LBS., HAVING PNEUMATIC TIRES, FLAT CARS WITH
TIE-DOWN ASSEMBLIES AND TIE-DOWN CHANNELS
3. Secure longitudinal chains to vehicle. Pull chains as tight as possible by hand and attach hook into an
appropriate link in the chain. All chain tie-downs must be made taut by tightening the turnbuckles. After tensioning,
chains must be struck with a hammer or steel bar with enough force to eliminate any kinks in chain and retightened if
4. Tie-downs in the inboard channels are to be in line across the car and tie-downs in the outboard channels are
to be in line in the same manner. The angle of the tie-downs must be as close to 45 degrees as possible.
5. Gear shift levers are to be placed in a neutral position and all brakes set.
6. Turnbuckles not equipped with self-locking devices must be wired or locked to prevent loosening.
7. When crane boom is carried in boom cradle located on top of carrier cab and secured to prevent
displacement, Items "B", "C" and "L" are not required.
See General Rules 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 15, 19, 19-A and 19-B for further details.