Section No. 1-General Rules (Rev.-11-1978)
When an impact test Is deemed necessary for evaluation of a new submission, there will be no charge for
expenses incurred by the Open Top Loading Rules Committee for conducting these tests. There will be a charge of
S700 to the proponent to cover the Committee's expenses when a impact test is needed to evaluate a request for
revision of existing figures, when in the Committees opinion, the load securement is lessened by either a reduction of the
size or number of securement items or an increase in weight or volume of the commodity. The charge will be payable to
the Association of American Railroads when an agreement is reached on the time and place to conduct the impact test.
When issuing over the road test cards, the Sub-Committee will give the shipper guide lines for evaluation
of test results, taking into consideration the following:
1. Consideration of load condition at destination.
2. Displacement of the load, both laterally and longitudinally at destination.
3. Any shifting of the load that would affect weight distribution.
4. Adjustment of load in transit.
5. Loose or broken package bands or ties.
6. Loose or broken tie-down securements.
7. Loose or displaced blocking items.
Shipper, after having received authority for experimental shipments, will be furnished stickers worded as
outlined below. He will affix one to bill of lading and attach another to be affixed to waybill by agent. This to insure
proper handling of experimental load cards.
ASSOCIATION OF AMERICAN RAILROADS
The Association of American Railroads, through the Committee on Loading Rules, has authorized the application of
experimental load cards to Car.