3-61. TRUCK ASSEMBLY (cont)
CLEANING, INSPECTION, AND REPAIR
Drycleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves and use
only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes and don't breathe vapors. Do
not use near open flame or excessive heat. The flash point is 100-138°F (38-59°C). If you become
dizzy, get fresh air immediately and get medical aid. If contact with eyes is made, wash your eyes and
get medical aid immediately.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Do not direct
compressed air against skin. Use goggles or full face shield.
30. Use drycleaning solvent and clean metal parts. Dry with compressed air.
31. Inspect pedestal liners for cracks and excessive wear. Use table 3-6 and check wear limits. Replace damaged
pedestal liners if these measurements are not obtained.
32. Inspect side bearing. Use table 3-6 and check wear limits. Replace damaged side bearing wear plates if damaged
or if these measurements are not obtained.
33. Inspect center casting and wear plate for excessive wear. Use table 3-6 and check wear limits. Replace damaged
wear plates and oiler fittings. If these measurements are not obtained.
34. Inspect brake rods, levers, pins, and other rigging for wear, cracks, and breaks. Replace defective parts.
35. Inspect springs and suspension bars for cracks, breaks, or other damage. Replace defective parts.
36. Inspect frame, bolster, and equalizers for cracks. Repair cracks by grooving, welding, and grinding smooth.
37. Inspect bellows for cracks or damage. Replace if damaged.
38. Inspect dust cover for cracks or damage. Replace if damaged.
39. Inspect remaining parts for damage and replace as necessary.
40. Refer to table 3-6 for truck assembly data.