3-61. TRUCK ASSEMBLY (cont)
Snubber springs must be installed in a zigzag pattern, starting with the one nearest the bolster.
47. Install four snubber spacers (43) in spring seats (48) and add shims (44).
48. Install eight coil springs (42). Coil springs must be shimmed to be of equal height.
49. Use 1/2-inch heavy chain and secure four equalizers (40) to frame (39) at four corners of truck assembly.
Components of this locomotive are heavy and may be awkward to handle. Use correct lifting procedures,
indicated lifting devices, and/or assistance from other personnel to avoid injury.
50. Attach a suitable lifting device hoist to four corners of frame (39) and lift frame over traction-motor-wheel-axle
51. Slowly lower frame (39). Check that pedestal frames enter jaws of roller bearing journal boxes on axles.
When installing traction motors on suspension assembly, traction motor must be tilted up so traction motor
jaws start on spring assembly from the bottom.
52. Check that traction motor jaws line up with suspension assembly (64).
53. Install two suspension safety hangers (33) and secure with four self-locking nuts (32) and bolts (31).
54. Install 2 bellows (30) and retainer (29) and secure with 12 bolts (27) and lockwasher (28).
55. Install four pedestal binders (38) and secure with eight lockwashers (37) and bolts (36).
56. Install 2 sander brackets (26) and secure with 16 bolts (25) and self-locking nuts (24).