3-64. COUPLER AND DRAFT GEAR (cont)
Components of this locomotive are heavy and may be awkward to handle. Use correct lifting procedures,
indicated lifting devices, and/or assistance from other personnel to avoid injury.
20. Use a suitable lifting device and install coupler (7) in yoke (8) and secure with pivot pin (6), lockpin (2), and cotter
21. Install pin (4) into lock lifter connector (5) and secure with cotter key (3).
22. Refer to paragraph 3-61 and connect sander hoses and sander bracket.
23. Refer to TM 55-2210-223-12 and adjust free slack and coupler height.
24. Use automotive and graphite grease in accordance with LO 55-2210-223-12.