INDEPENDENT BRAKE VALVE (cont)
CLEANING, INSPECTION, AND REPAIR
Drycleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves and use only in
a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes and don't breathe vapors. Do not use
near open flame or excessive heat. The flash point is 100 138°F (38 590C). If you become dizzy, get
fresh air and medical aid immediately. If contact with eyes is made, wash your eyes and get medical aid
15. Use a cloth dampened with drycleaning solvent and remove grease and oil from exterior and interior of body.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Do not direct compressed
air against skin. Use goggles or full face shield.
16. Use drycleaning solvent and clean metal parts. Dry with compressed air.
17. Inspect metal parts for cracks, breaks, cuts, or other damage. Replace damaged parts.
18. Check that springs have not rusted, become distorted, or taken a permanent set. Replace damaged springs.
19. Inspect roller (34) and roller pin (33) for flat spots. Replace damaged parts.
20. Inspect handle retaining pin assembly (25) for a broken spring or flat spot on end of pin. Replace damaged parts.
21. Check that roller contact surface on cam (8) and cam contact surface on roller (34) are clean and dry to maintain
rolling friction between the two surfaces.
22. Use silicone grease and lubricate O-rings, O-ring grooves in spool valves, and bushings into which spool valves
enter. Use a clean, lint-free cloth and remove excess lubricant.