6-NFR DISTRIBUTING VALVE (cont)
CLEANING, INSPECTION, AND REPAIR
Drycleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves and use only in
a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes and don't breathe vapors. Do not use
near open flame or excessive heat. The flash point is 100 138°F (38 59°C). If you become dizzy, get
fresh air and medical aid immediately. If contact with eyes is made, wash your eyes and get medical aid
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Do not direct compressed
air against skin. Use goggles or full face shield.
15. Use a cloth dampened with drycleaning solvent and remove grease and oil from exterior and interior of body.
16. Use drycleaning solvent and clean metal parts. Dry with compressed air.
17. Inspect metal parts for cracks, breaks, cuts, or other damage. Replace damaged parts.
18. Check that springs have not rusted, become distorted, or taken on permanent set. Replace damaged springs.
19. Refinish faces of rubber check valves by lapping on a piece of medium-weight emery paper.
Do not use metallic tools to clean chokes. The use of metallic tools will change size of chokes, resulting in
failure of brake valve system.
To avoid misplacement of chokes, remove and replace one choke plug at a time.
20. Clean, inspect, and repair choke plugs by the following:
Remove choke plug and place in drycleaning solvent.
Inspect choke plug passage for cleanliness. Use compressed air and remove foreign matter.