NO. 8 VENT VALVE (cont)
Valve assemblies are under a spring load. Use caution during assembly procedures so that no parts fly
out, causing injury to personnel.
16. Assemble exhaust valve assembly (18) by the following:
Install O-ring (24) on exhaust valve seat (22).
Install O-ring (23) on exhaust valve (21).
Assemble exhaust valve seat (22), exhaust valve (21), and spring (20) and secure with retaining ring (19).
17. Assemble piston diaphragm assembly (9) by the following:
Install seal (17) and felt (16) in piston (13).
Install flat washer (14) and piston (13) on piston stem (15). Check that felt (16) is toward threaded end of piston
Install diaphragm (12) on piston (13). Check that bead of diaphragm is in groove of piston.
Install follower (11) on diaphragm (12). Check that ribbed side of follower is toward threaded side of piston stem
Secure with locknut (10).
18. Install exhaust valve assembly (18) in body (1).
19. Install piston diaphragm assembly (9) in diaphragm housing (8). Check that bead of diaphragm is in groove of
20. Install body (1) on diaphragm housing (8) and secure with four bolts (7).
21. Install vent protector body (6) and seal (5) and secure with pop rivet (4).
22. Install strainer (3) and gasket (2) in body (1).
23. Test No. 8 vent valve in accordance with Test Specification T-2720.