H-5 RELAY AIR VALVE (cont)
14. Install gasket (15).
15. Install diaphragm (14) on follower (21) with its heavy bead up. Check that bead of diaphragm is in bead groove of
16. Install cover (13) and secure with four bolts (12) and nuts (11).
17. Install gasket (9) on check valve body (8) and install gasket (6) on cover (5).
18. Install check valve body (8) on body (17).
19. Install supply valve (10) in check valve body (8).
20. Install spring (7) on supply valve (10).
21. Install cover (5) and secure with two nuts (4)
22. Install strainers (3) and gaskets (2) and (1).
23. Test the H-5 relay air valve in accordance with Test Specification T-1462.
The H-5 relay air valve functions as
When control port 10 is not pressurized, the diaphragm and spool valve are held in the upper position by a return
spring. None of the ports are in communication at this time.
When control port 10 is pressurized sufficiently to move the spool against the force of the return spring, port 11 is
in communication with port 9, which is exhausted. Port 12 is still blocked off.