4-19. CUTOUT COCK AND STRAINER (cont)
CLEANING, INSPECTION, AND REPAIR
Drycleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear
protective goggles and gloves and use only in a well-ventilated
area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes and don't
breathe vapors. Do not use near open flame or excessive heat.
The flash point is 100-138°F (38-59°C). If you become dizzy,
get fresh air and medical aid immediately. If contact with eyes
is made, wash your eyes and get medical aid immediately.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30
psi (207 kPa). Do not direct compressed air against skin. Use
goggles or full face shield.
Use a cloth dampened in drycleaning solvent and remove grease and oil from exterior and interior of body.
Use drycleaning solvent and clean metal parts. Dry with compressed air.
Inspect metal parts for cracks, breaks, cuts, or other damage. Replace damaged parts.
Check that spring (10) has not rusted, become distorted, or taken a permanent set. Replace damaged spring.
Replace air filter.
Valve assemblies may be under a spring load. Use caution
during assembly procedures so that no parts fly out, causing
injury to personnel.
Install gasket (17) on sump cover (16) and secure to body (18) with two nuts (15) and bolts (14).
10. Install O-ring (13) on key (12) and install key in body (18).
11. Install washer (11) and spring (10) on key (12).
12. Install gasket (9) on cover (8) and secure with two bolts (7).
13. Install handle (6) and secure with pin (5).
14. Install new filter (4) in body (18).
15. Install gasket (3) on strainer cover (2) and secure with four bolts (1).