2-16. CHANGING DIRECTION WITH LIGHT LOCOMOTIVE
a. Stop the locomotive (para 2-15).
Do not move reverser handle
while the locomotive is in motion.
Do not drift in one direction with
the reverser handle set in the
opposite direction. Serious injury
to personnel and damage to the
electrical equipment may result if
this rule is disregarded.
b. Move reverser (1) to opposite direction.
c. Release the brake (2) and advance
throttle (3) in the normal manner.
2-17. STOPPING ENGINE
a. Normal Stop.
(1) Move throttle (1) to IDLE position.
(2) Move independent brake valve (2)
to FULL APPLICATION.
(3) Move reverser (3) to NEUTRAL
(4) With throttle (1) in IDLE position,
run engines for 5 minutes to cool
(5) Set both ENGINE STOP switches
(4) to STOP position.
(6) Set CONTROL circuit breaker (5) to