3-26. GROUND RELAY (Cont)
CLEANING, INSPECTION AND REPAIR
· Drycleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves and
use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes and don't breathe
vapors. Do not use near open flame or excessive heat. The flash point is 100-138°F (38-59°C).
If you become dizzy, get fresh air and medical aid immediately. If contact with eyes is made,
wash your eyes and get medical aid immediately.
· Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Do not direct
compressed air against skin. Use goggles or full face shield.
16. Use dry-cleaning solvent and clean metal parts. Dry with compressed air.
17. Inspect molded parts for warpage, breaks, and cracks.
18. Use a multimeter and measure resistance of operating coil (23). If resistance is not 54 to 66 ohms, replace coil.
19. Use a multimeter and measure resistance of operating coil (87). If resistance is not 65. 25 to 79. 75 ohms,
20. Install magnet core (89) in operating coil (87). Position operating coil on magnetic frame (88) and install
lockwasher (86) and capscrew (85).
21. Position contact (83) on armature (84) and install two flat washers (82), lockwashers (81), and screws (80).
22. Position stud (79), on support (71) and install lockwasher (78), nut (77), contact (76), spacer (75), flat washer
(74), lockwasher (73), and nut (72).
23. Position support (71) on armature (84) and install four lockwashers (70) and
24. Position armature stop (68) and install two lockwashers (67) and capscrews (66).
25. Position contact (65) and install lockwashers (64) and screws (63). Position finger (62) and install two flat
washers (61), lockwashers (60), and screws (59). Position outer contact block (58) and install two flat washers
(57), lockwashers (56), and machine screws (55).