3-28. REVERSER (Cont)
CLEANING, INSPECTION, AND REPAIR
· Drycleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves and
use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes and don't breathe
vapors. Do not use near open flame or excessive heat. The flash point is 100-138°F (38-59°C).
If you become dizzy, get fresh air and medical aid immediately. If contact with eyes is made,
wash your eyes and get medical aid immediately.
· Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Do not direct
compressed air against skin. Use goggles or full face shield.
27. Use dry-cleaning solvent and clean metal parts. Dry with compressed air.
28. Inspect molded parts for warpage, breaks, and cracks.
29. Inspect fingers (45) and (57). If alloy material is worn through to base metal, replace fingers.
30. Inspect seat in valve body (139). If valve stem (138) does not seat properly, lap in the valve stem with graphite
and oil. After the valve stem has been properly seated, clean ports to remove the compound.
If valve seats
are excessively scored or worn, replace the seats.
Inspect coil (134) for damaged insulation.
Use a multimeter and measure resistance of coil (134). If resistance is not between 72.5 and 93.3 ohms, replace
Repair consists of replacing defective parts.