3-29. LOAD METER SHUNT
This task covers:
Tool kit SC4940-97-CL-E12
· High voltage is used in the operation of
equipment. Do not be misled by the term LOW
VOLTAGE. Potentials as low as 50 volts may
· Remove rings, bracelets, wrist-watches, and
locomotive. Jewelry can catch on equipment
and cause injury, or may short across an
electrical circuit and cause severe burns or
1. Open electrical equipment cabinet door and set
battery switch to OPEN.
2. Remove two nuts (1).
3. Remove spacer (2). Tag and disconnect two wires
4. Remove two nuts (4), lockwashers (5), and flat
washers (6). Tag and disconnect wires (7).
5. Remove two flat washers (8), nuts (9), lockwashers
(10), and flat washers (11).
6. Remove shunt (12).
7. Remove two flat washers (13), nuts (14), six flat washers (15).
8. Remove four nuts (16), lockwashers (17), and flat washers (18). Remove shunt base (19).