3-30 GENERATOR FIELD (SELF) RESISTOR (cont)
If the bottom resistor is to be removed perform step 4.
4. Tag electrical leads (19) and remove two nuts (15), lockwashers (16), flat washers (17), capscrews (18) and electrical
leads. Remove resistor and insulator assembly (20). Repeat step 3 for disassembly of insulator and resistor
5. Use a multimeter and perform a resistance test on the generator field (self) resistor. The resistor value should be 6
ohms. If this reading is not obtained, replace defective resistor.
All insulator and resistor assemblies are assembled in the same manner.
6. Insert resistor (14) in two insulators (13) and install two flat washers (12), capscrews (11), flat washers (10),
lockwashers (9), and nuts (8).
7. Position resistor and insulator assembly (20) and install two electrical leads (19), capscrews (18), flat washers (17),
lockwashers (16), and nuts (15). Remove tags.
8. Position resistor and insulator assembly (7) and install four springs (7), spacers (6), screen (5), two studs (4), four nuts
(3), and locknuts (2).
9. Set battery switch to CLOSE and close electrical equipment cabinet door.