3-32. HEADLIGHT RESISTOR AND GENERATOR FIELD (SEPARATE) RESISTOR
This task covers:
Tool kit SC4940-97-CL-E12
· High voltage is used in the operation of
equipment. Do not be misled by the term LOW
VOLTAGE. Potentials as low as 50 volts may
· Remove rings, bracelets, wrist-watches, and
locomotive. Jewelry can catch on equipment
and cause injury, or may short across an
electrical circuit and cause severe burns or
Both resistors are removed and installed
the same way.
1. Open electrical equipment cabinet door and set battery switch to OPEN.
2. Remove four screws (1), lockwashers (2), flat washers (3), and screen (4).
3. Tag electrical leads (8) and remove six nuts (5), lockwashers (6), and screws (7). Disconnect electrical leads.
4. Remove nut (9), lockwasher (10), and capscrew (11). Remove resistor (12).