3-34. CONTROLLER MECHANISM
This task covers:
Tool kit SC4940-97-CL-E12
Drycleaning solvent (Item 34, Appendix D)
· High voltage is used in the operation of equip-
ment. Do not be misled by the term LOW
VOLTAGE. Potentials as low as 50 volts may
· Remove rings, bracelets, wristwatches, and
locomotive. Jewelry can catch on equipment
and cause injury, or may short across an
electrical circuit and cause severe burns or
1. Open electrical equipment cabinet door and set
battery switch to OPEN.
2. Gain access to rear of controller through high-voltage
3. Tag and disconnect wire harness leads (1) from
controller mechanism (3).
4. Remove six mounting screws (2) from top and
bottom of controller mechanism (3).
5. Remove controller mechanism (3).