3-34. CONTROLLER MECHANISM (cont)
6. Remove two screws (4), lockwashers (5), spacers (6), and connectors (7). Remove finger assembly (8).
7. Remove two screws (9), lockwashers (10), and connectors (11). Remove contact (12).
8. Repeat step 7 and disassemble remaining contacts.
9. Tag and disconnect wire from resistor (18). Remove
screw (13), lockwasher (14), flat washer (15), spacer
(16), mica washer (17), resistor (18), mica washer
(19), and spacer (20).
CLEANING, INSPECTION, AND REPAIR
· Drycleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and
flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves and use only in a well- ventilated area.
Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes and
don't breathe vapors. Do not use near open
flame or excessive heat. The flash point is 100
- 1380F (38 - 59°C). If you become dizzy, get
fresh air and get medical aid immediately. If
contact with eyes is made, wash your eyes and
get medical aid immediately.
· Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will
not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Do not direct
compressed air against skin. Use goggles or
full face shield.
Repair consists of adjusting or replacing defective contacts and/or fingers and/or replacing resistor.
10. Use drycleaning solvent and clean parts. Dry with compressed air.