3-35. SPEED-SENSING ALTERNATOR (cont)
CLEANING, INSPECTION, AND REPAIR
Drycleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear
protective goggles and gloves and use only in a well-
ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes
and don't breathe vapors. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. The flash point is 100 - 138°F (38 - 59°C).
If you become dizzy, get fresh air and get medical aid
immediately. If contact with eyes is made, wash your eyes
and get medical aid immediately.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30
psi (207 kPa). Do not direct compressed air against skin.
Use goggles or full face shield.
13. Use a cloth dampened with drycleaning solvent and remove grease and oil from exterior and interior of body and
other metal parts. Dry with compressed air.
14. Inspect metal parts for cracks, breaks, cuts, or other damage. Replace damaged parts.
15. Use a multimeter and measure coil resistance. Resistance should be 73.4 to 83.5 ohms.
16. Inspect stator (27) and rotor (22) for chipped or cracked epoxy.
17. Inspect flexible coupling (30) to see if it is cracked or has been stretched out of shape.
18. Check to see if oil seal (34) is worn or has been leaking.
19. Inspect spade (29) to see if it is worn or fits loosely on the axle.
20. Inspect shaft and bearing assembly (33) for excessive play. Remove any burrs on shaft, particularly around roll pin