3-38. EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN SWITCH (cont)
CLEANING, INSPECTION, AND REPAIR
· Drycleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles
and gloves and use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes,
and clothes and don't breathe vapors. Do not use near open flame or excessive
heat. The flash point is 100 138°F (38 59°C). If you become dizzy, get fresh air
and medical aid immediately. If contact with eyes is made, wash your eyes and
get medical aid immediately.
· Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa).
Do not direct compressed air against skin. Use goggles or full face shield.
Use a cloth dampened with drycleaning solvent and remove dirt and grease from housing, shim, and insignia plate.
Repair consists of replacement of damaged parts. ASSEMBLY
10. Position washers (shims) (13) and switches (12) and (11) in switch housing (7) and install four countersunk screws
11. Install conduit (9) into switch housing (7). INSTALLATION
12. Position cork gasket (8) and switch housing (7) in stair frame.
13. Install conduit nut (6) and insulation bushing (5).
14. Feed wires through conduit (9), connect to switches (11) and (12), and remove tags.
15. Position cork gasket (4) and front cover (3) on stair frame and install four lockwashers (2) and capscrews (1).
16. Close electrical equipment cabinet door.