BALL CUTOUT COCK
This task covers:
Tool kit SC4940-97-CL-E12
· Whenever a ball cutout cock is removed and installed for any reason, a stationary locomotive airbrake test must be
performed to check that the ball cutout cock functions properly in the brake equipment arrangement. Failure to
perform test may result in injury to personnel.
· Make sure air is drained before removal of the ball cutout cock. Residual air may escape and cause injury to
· Note direction of air flow and direction of valve before removal.
· When removing or repairing brake valves or components, check air lines and pipes for corrosion, breaks, splits, or
loose connections. Repair of air lines and piping consists of replacing defective pipes, lines, and connections. Refer
to TM 55-2210-224-24P for identification of piping.
· To replace any ball cutout cock, locate nearest union, disconnect union, and remove piping up to the valve.
Remove pipe (1).
Remove ball cutout cock (2) from pipe (3).