3-64. TRACTION MOTOR ASSEMBLY (cont)
b. Stator Test.
(1) Attach lead (1) of megohmmeter (3) to lead AA- on stator housing.
(2) Attach lead (2) of megohmmeter (3) to lead A+ on stator housing and note indicate on
(3) Attach lead (1) of megohmmeter (3) to lead FF+ on stator housing.
(4) Attach lead (2) of megohmmeter (3) to lead F- on stator housing and note indication on megohmmeter.
Heated parts may cause injury to personnel if hand protection is not worn when handling. Wear
protective gloves for maximum protection.
(5) If an indication of less than 3 megohms is obtained on the two sets of leads, bake stator for 4 hours at 230
(100°C) in a convection oven. Recheck megohm readings after cooling stator to room temperature. If the indications
are still low, replace stator.