3-64. TRACTION MOTOR ASSEMBLY (cont)
j. Install nine lockwashers (53) and capscrews (52).
k. Apply film of lubricating oil to bearings.
l. Position gasket (51) and cover plates (50) and install six lockwashers (49) and capscrews (48).
m. Install 2 upper axle linings (47), gaskets (46), and upper seal rings (45) and install 10 lockwashers (44) and
39. Position shim pack (41) and end plate (40) on motor housing (42) and install eight lockwashers (39) and capscrews
Heated parts may cause injury to personnel if hand protection is not worn when handling. Wear
protective gloves for maximum protection.
40. Place seal collar (36) on an induction heater. Heat collar to 212
41. Remove seal collar (36) from heater and install on shaft of armature (37), tight against shaft shoulder. Hold in place
42. Check that bearing parts are thoroughly clean. Weigh 5 ounces of grease and distribute as shown.
below, or grease may be
damaged by oil bleeding
43. Place bearing housing (32) on
housing to 158 to 176
44. Remove bearing housing (35)
from heater and install two
ball bearings (34), face-to-
face with narrow shoulders of
housing fit. Check that
bearings seat against housing