3-64. TRACTION MOTOR ASSEMBLY (cont)
· Drycleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves and
use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes and don't breathe
vapors. Do not use near open flame or excessive heat. The flash point is 100 - 138°F (38 -
59°C). If you become dizzy, get fresh air immediately and get medical aid. If contact with eyes
is made, wash your eyes and get medical aid immediately.
· Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Do not direct
compressed air against skin. Use goggles or full face shield.
63. Use a wiping rag dipped in drycleaning solvent and remove all traces of oil or grease from pinion shaft and armature
bore. Dry with compressed air.
64. Insert hypoid pinion (13) in tapered bore of
armature shaft. Rotate pinion in shaft for proper fit.
65. Install pinion assembly tool as follows:
a. Screw beveled end of barrel on armature shaft.
b. Screw cap assembly into barrel until the large
piston contacts the hypoid piston.
c. Remove bolt assembly. With assembly tool
upright, fill chamber in cap with oil until it
overflows through the drilled part inside.
d. Use a 1-inch (25.4 mm) diameter bar in hole
provided in block of cap to steady cap assembly,
and position socket wrench on bolt.