4-11. AUTOMATIC BRAKE VALVE (cont)
CLEANING, INSPECTION, AND REPAIR (cont)
48. Lubricate check valves (19) and (84) by placing them in a box with dry graphite and shaking the box. Remove check
valves. Wipe excess graphite off on a piece of clean wiping rag.
Do not lubricate new style emergency and suppression cams and cam dog rollers
which have sandblasted surfaces. These must remain clean and dry to retain rolling
49. Lubricate cams and cam dogs with lime-base grease.
Valve assemblies are under a spring load. Use caution during assembly procedures
so that no parts fly out, causing injury to personnel. 50. Check that choke plugs
(117) thru (121) are installed in their proper locations.
51. Assemble supply valve assembly (108) by the following:
Install seal (112) into housing (113) and secure with retainer (111).
Install O-ring (114) on housing (113).
Install housing (113) and spring cage (115) in supply valve cage (116) and
secure with retaining ring (110).
Install O-ring (109) on supply valve cage (116).
52. Install supply valve assembly (108) in brake valve body (23) and secure with retaining ring (107).
53. Assemble exhaust valve assembly (96) by the following:
Install valve seal (102) in housing (103) and secure with retainer (101).
Install O-ring (104) on housing (103).
Install spring (105) and housing (103) in exhaust valve cage (106) and secure with retaining ring (100).
Install 0-ring (99)on exhaust valve cage (106).