4-13. 6-NFR DISTRIBUTING VALVE (cont)
CLEANING, INSPECTION, AND REPAIR
Dry-cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves and use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
clothes and don't breathe vapors. Do not use near open flame or excessive heat.
The flash point is 100 138°F (38 59°C). If you become dizzy, get fresh air and
medical aid immediately. If contact with eyes is made, wash your eyes and get
medical aid immediately.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Do
not direct compressed air against skin. Use goggles or full face shield.
14. Use a cloth dampened with dry-cleaning solvent and remove grease and oil from exterior and interior of body (52).
15. Use dry-cleaning solvent and clean metal parts. Dry with compressed air.
16. Inspect metal parts for cracks, breaks, cuts, or other damage. Replace damaged parts.
17. Check that springs have not rusted, became distorted, or have taken on permanent set. Replace damaged springs.
18. Refinish faces of rubber check valves by lapping on a piece of medium-weight emery paper.