3-22. FIELD SHUNT CONTACTOR (cont)
CLEANING, INSPECTION, AND REPAIR
c. Contact lever (41).
(1) Inspect the bushings. If the inside
diameter is worn beyond 0.32 inch
(8.12 mm), replace lever.
(2) Inspect the hinge pin (38). Replace
the pin if scored or burnt.
Shunt (26). Inspect the braided copper for wear, fraying, discoloration, or stiffness. Replace the shunt if any of
the above conditions exist.
e. Operating coil (48).
(1) Use a multimeter and check coil resistance. Replace the coil if the measured value is not between 34.6
and 42.3 ohms.
(2) Check the coil terminals for damage.
(3) Check the coil for damaged, dry, or brittle insulation. If necessary, insulate by applying electrical insulating
varnish. Replace coil if necessary.