4-12. INDEPENDENT BRAKE VALVE (cont)
Remove exhaust valve spring (17) from valve body (20).
Remove inlet-exhaust valve (18) from valve body (20). Remove two O-rings (19) from inlet-exhaust valve.
Remove retainer ring (21), spring seat (22), and handle retaining pin assembly (23) from quick-release valve body
10. Remove quick-release spring (24), O-ring (25), and quick-release valve (26). Remove two O-rings (27) from quick
11. Remove cam dog pin (28) and remove cam dog (29).
12. Remove two cotter pins (30), roller pin (31), and roller (32) from cam dog (29).
13. Remove brake valve push pin (33) from cam (5).
CLEANING, INSPECTION, AND REPAIR
Dry-cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves and use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
clothes and don't breathe vapors. Do not use near open flame or excessive heat.
The flash point is 100 138°F (38 59
°C). If you become dizzy, get fresh air and
medical aid immediately. If contact with eyes is made, wash your eyes and get
medical aid immediately.
14. Use a cloth dampened with dry-cleaning solvent and remove grease and oil from exterior and interior of quick
release valve body (3) and valve body (20).
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Do
not direct compressed air against skin. Use goggles or full face shield.
15. Use dry-cleaning solvent and clean metal parts. Dry with compressed air
16. Inspect metal parts for cracks, breaks, cuts, or other damage. Replace damaged parts.