3-61. TRUCK ASSEMBLY (cont)
57. Install two slack adjuster heads (16) and secure with two pins (15) and cotter pins (14). Install four equalizer rods
(19) and secure with eight pins (18) and eight cotter pins (17).
58. Connect two air lines (22) to brake cylinders (62). Install gasket (23) and secure with lockwashers (21) and four
59. Refer to TM 55-2210-223-12 and adjust brakes.
60. Install dust cover (65), eight bolts (66), and lockwashers (67) on center plate ring (68).
Apply graphite pancakes to center plate ring (68) and cover entire wear surface.
Roll truck assembly into position under locomotive.
Components of this locomotive are heavy and may be awkward to handle. Use correct lifting procedures,
indicated lifting devices, and/or assistance from other personnel to avoid injury.
63. Use a suitable lifting device and lower locomotive. Check that male center ring enters center plate ring (68)
To install swing bracket pins, locomotive must be raised slowly with a suitable lifting device so that pins
may be worked into swing brackets.
Install two swing bracket pins (13) and secure with four cotter pins (12).
Connect air hose to brake cylinder line connection (11) and secure with clamp (10), lockwashers (9), and bolt (8)
66. Install 4 sander hoses (7) and secure with 8 U-bolts (6) and 16 nuts (5).
67. Install handbrake connecting chain (4) and secure with pin (3) and cotter pin (2).
68. Connect eight traction motor electrical leads (1) to terminals and remove tags. Wrap connections with insulating
Check side bearing clearance in accordance with table 3-6.