3-65. COUPLER (cont)
12. Inspect remaining parts of coupler assembly for cracks, breaks, and other damage.
13. Repair consists of replacement of damaged parts.
14. Install knuckle lock (17), knuckle thrower (16), and lock lifter (15).
15. Install knuckle (14), knuckle pin (13), and cotter pin (12).
Components of the draft gear and coupler are heavy and may be awkward to handle. Use correct
lifting procedures, indicated lifting devices, and/or assistance from other personnel to avoid injury.
16. Use a suitable lifting device and position yoke (11) on locomotive frame. Install four bolts (10), plate washers (9),
and nuts (8).
17. Use a suitable lifting device and position coupler (7) in yoke (11). Install toggle pin (6) and cotter pin (5). Use a
welding machine and weld flange (4).
18. Position uncoupler clevis (3) on lock lifter (15) and install pin (2) and cotter pin (1).