3-30 GENERATOR FIELD (SELF) RESISTOR
This task covers:
Tool kit SC4940-97-CL-E12
· High voltage is used in the operation of
equipment. Do not be misled by the term LOW
VOLTAGE. Potentials as low as 50 volts may
· Remove rings, bracelets, wristwatches, and
locomotive. Jewelry can catch on equipment
and cause injury, or may short across an
electrical circuit and cause severe burns or
1. Open electrical equipment cabinet door and set
battery switch to OPEN.
2. Remove two locknuts (1), nuts (2), screen (3), two
studs (4), four spacers (5), and springs (6). Remove
resistor and insulator assembly (7).
All insulator and resistor assemblies are
disassembled in the same manner.
3. Remove two nuts (8), lockwashers (9), flat washers (10), capscrews (11), and flat washers (12). Remove two
insulators (13) from resistor (14).