3-33. GAGE LIGHT RESISTOR AND WHEEL-SLIP RELAY RESISTOR
This task covers:
Tool kit SC4940-97-CL-E12
· High voltage is used in the operation of
equipment. Do not be misled by the term LOW
VOLTAGE. Potentials as low as 50 volts may
· Remove rings, bracelets, wrist- watches, and
locomotive. Jewelry can catch on equipment
and cause injury, or may short across an
electrical circuit and cause severe burns or
Resistors are removed and installed in a similar
manner. Only one of each is called out.
1. Open electrical equipment cabinet door and set
battery switch to OPEN.
2. Tag and disconnect electrical leads to the wheel slip
3. Remove screw (1), lockwasher (2), insulator (3),
wheel slip relay resistor (4), and insulator (5).